Top 5: Blush Wedding Dresses in Kent
The word ‘blush’ can be a scary word for a bride to be, but with so many Blush Wedding Dresses available in Kent, it really is worth exploring when wedding dress shopping! Your skin tone and hair colour will determine which shade of blush suits you best. Pale skin that burns? Stick to the more nude tones and avoid the pinks. Olive or darker features- go for the pink tones as the nudes may not stand out from your skin tone.
Here are our top 5 picks for blush wedding dresses in Kent (which we happen to have in our boutique)!
Lyla by Hayley Paige
Hayley Paige is a designer who doesn’t shy away from colour! Her blush tones are shades of pink, proper pink! Made from the floral caviar fabric, Lyla is the perfect example of a bright, blush wedding dress that doesn’t over do the colour. It’s layered design on the skirt, with its tulle layers underneath, bring traditional bridal elements with modern touches that Hayley Paige is known for.
With its detachable straps, you can customise the look from day to evening too! A dress fit for a princess wedding!
Cilka is proof that blush wedding dresses do not have to be bright pink! Blush covers a range of shades, and this is more on the nude side. Contrasted with the ivory lace appliques, this bridal gown showcases traditional touches with uber modern trends. Its boning on the bodice is a feature we are seeing coming across from the USA and the off-shoulder straps (which are detachable) is something our brides rave over.
Reagan by Hayley Paige
Another style in the floral caviar fabric by Hayley Paige! A little less full in the skirt than Lyla, this dress has more coverage up top with its racer style, illusion neckline. If you are fuller busted, or of the athletic frame, this dress would work wonders for your figure! With this shade of blush, you would need a skin tone that doesn’t have pink pigmentation or burn easily…one to try if you have cool or olive tones in your skin!
Ariel by Disney Fairy Tale Weddings
The blush is subtle in this gown, but it is definitely there! To be reminiscent of the pearlized pink you see in sea shells, the lining of this dress peeps through the shimmering, all over sequins! Designed to show off the sparkle of the beading and sequins, this gown offers blush as a muted undertone so a good option for those who want to try non-ivory without going for a full-on shade. Our sample in the boutique is in the ivory, but we feel the blush option would work perfectly as a reception or evening dress for your wedding day!
Our Queen when it comes to blush wedding dresses! This blush beauty takes influence from high-end designers, such as Berta, bringing the most modern style to Kent! It’s shimmering fabric looks like a snowstorm on a pink back drop and it’s oversized, detachable straps add more than a hint of whimsy. Floaty, feminine and full of fun, this gown HAS to be tried on if blush is your thing! AND, it retails at just £1500 too!
Our top 5 tips for finding the perfect blush wedding dress in Kent!
- An obvious one to get us started- try on the blush options when wedding dress shopping. Too many brides dismiss a dress due to colour, but you never know, blush might just be the winner!
- Select a shade that works with your skin/hair colours rather than hunting for your favourite colour. You will thank us later on this one when your photos come back, and your skin tone is complemented by the dress rather than matching it!
- Find designers/boutiques that are known for working with colours. Not all designers will work with blush shades and not all boutiques will feel ‘their perfect bride’ would dream of blush wedding dresses.
- You may try on an ivory sample that comes in blush and want to see what it looks like before purchasing. If the boutique can’t offer a solution for this, then search for the dress on Insta- brides love sharing their wedding photos, chances are you will find a photo of it.
- And finally, trust your gut instinct on colour. We see many brides put off, not because they do not look amazing AF, but because a member (usually Mum) wants to see them in a more traditional style. It is your wedding! If you want to go blush, go blush!
To view our full range of blush wedding dresses, simply follow this link to book your appointment!
For more information on our Abella and Hayley Paige ranges (who are brilliant at providing blush options) head to these links for more inspiration!
Abella Bridal– part of the Allure Bridals family
Images: Abella Bridal, Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and JLM Couture
Words: Victoria, Director of Victoria Elaine Bridal